ISO 27001 stands for “ISO/IEC 27001 – Information technology – Security approaches – Information security management systems – Requirements.”In collaboration with the International Electrotechnical Commission (ITEC), the ISO has produced this certificate (IEC).
The primary goal of ISO 27001 is to assist enterprises of any size or industry in protecting their information in a methodical and cost-effective manner by creating an Information Security Management System (ISMS).
also read- iso registration
ISO 27001’s primary goals are to protect three types of information:
- Confidentiality: Information is only accessible to those who have been granted permission.
- Integrity: Only authorized individuals have the ability to alter the information.
- Availability: When necessary, authorized personnel must have access to the information.
What motivated Innoraft to obtain ISO 27001 certification?
We at Innoraft believe that protecting our most critical internal data and information is a must. Furthermore, we discovered that obtaining an ISO 27001 accreditation will eventually provide our clients and partners with the certainty that their sensitive data and shared information are secure.
Apart from the reasons listed above, we realized that getting accredited would benefit us in the following ways:
- Legal Compliance – The number of information security-related laws, regulations and contractual requirements is growing. Implementing ISO 27001 – will provide us with the necessary methods to comply with the majority of those laws and regulations.
- Competitive Advantage – We correctly assessed that implementing the security parameters by obtaining the ISO 27001certification would eventually give us an advantage over our competitors who do not yet have it in the eyes of those customers who are always concerned about keeping their information secure.
- Cost-saving – The main objective of ISO 27001 is to prevent security incidents – because each event, large or small, leads to monetary harm. In this way, Innoraft may save a lot of money by avoiding them. The costs necessary for the certification are substantially lower than the money that we will save in the future.
- Better Process – We don’t have the time as a fast-growing firm to stop and clarify their processes and procedures to each employee — as a result, too often the
We have outlined all of the processes that must be followed in order to satisfy the ISO27001 implementation objectives in the management framework. These steps include claiming accountability for the ISMS, developing an activity calendar, and conducting regular audits to promote a cycle of continuous improvement.
- Risk Assessment
Risk assessment is a structured process required by ISO 27001. This entails planning the process and documenting the data, analysis report, and results. The baseline security criteria were set prior to undertake a risk assessment.
- Risk Mitigation
Once the relevant hazards had been identified, the objective was to determine whether they should be treated, tolerated, terminated, or transferred. We had documented all of the risk response decisions because the auditor expects these reports during the registration (certification) audit. The Statement of Applicability (SoA) and risk treatment plan (RTP) are two mandatory reports that we were required to present as proof of the risk assessment.
- Conduct Training
We have customized training modules and slots set aside for our internal staff. We created mock exams so that every employee in our firm would have a thorough understanding of the ISO 27001 processes.
Examine and update the necessary documentation
To support the appropriate ISMS processes, rules, and procedures, documentation is required. The ISO 27001 expert assisted us in obtaining all of the essential documentation for this certification. Before submitting the documents, we inspected and validated them all.
suggested read- iso 9001
The auditor determined whether our paperwork meets the standards of the ISO 27001 Standard and identified several areas of nonconformity and potential management system improvement. After we made the necessary changes, the auditor performed another series of assessments to ensure our compliance with the ISO 27001 standard.
Finally, it takes great delight in informing you that after some arduous documentation work, pre-process brain-storming, knowledge acquisition, gap filling, training program management, and most significantly, great syndication among all team members, we were able to obtain ISO 27001 certification.